What’s the score?
An incredible community garden / wildlife haven / creative industries quarter in an abandoned dock on the River Lea.
With a variety of gardens, a community boat, chickens, bees, rabbits, studios, galleries and a café run by the wonderful Nadia, Cody Dock is a real gem tucked away amongst the reed beds of the Lea and the light industry of the Star Lane area.
Great for …
- Pausing to smell the roses – and other plants and flowers, especially in the sensory garden
- Birdwatching – the gardens, reed beds, mudflats and river provide a range of habitats
- Enjoying some al fresco art – The Line art walk runs through Cody Dock
- Cody Dock regularly hosts their own exhibitions both outside and in their gallery spaces. Check out Cody Makers art and craft sessions (currently Wednesdays on Zoom)
- Volunteering – whether your interest is heritage, gardening or conservation there are plenty of ways to get involved
- Riverside Café with food lovingly homemade by Nadia
- Outdoor classroom and studio spaces (available for hire)
- Community boat (also for hire)
- Picnic tables
- Virtual tour (check it out beforehand, or enjoy from your armchair)
Star Lane DLR (with lift) is a 5 minute walk away.
The 323 (Mile End) and 276 (Stoke Newington) buses stop on Manor Road, a 5 minute walk from Cody Dock.
Alternatively why not cycle or walk along the banks of the River Lea, that way you can enjoy The Line art walk at the same time.